Re: Teshnos in HW: Glorantha and HQ Voices

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_TeS7qwj_QgszuMo8PmZi2qEZkgU-db2RLJ5ZbL6uU2FfxYw2IpXxi0Eq508bkluY3FL>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:52:42 +1300

Todd Gardiner wrote:

> First, I thought that you either were reborn immediately or had some
> generally fixed "rest period".
> Second, I though that you either were reborn into a new born, or into a
> newly initiating adult.
> Third, I assumed you were not reborn until you died.

Reborn is the wrong word. The key feature of reincarnation is the transmigration of the life-flame from one body to another. The new human body is another candle, the new candle does not have to be made at the same time as the old one is burned out in order to hold the life-flame.

> If I die sixteen years before my flame-wife, then she will be sixteen years
> younger than me when she reaches adulthood in her next life.

There is no "reaching adulthood" in her next life. She is reincarnated in the body of a sixteen year old (or whatever) at the funeral of her previous self. If you die two years later then your candle age will be sixteen and hers will be eighteen.

If you die 16 years before your flame wife does, you will be 32 in candle years when she reincarnates as a 16 year old.

--Peter Metcalfe