Re: So now that you have your copies of Sartar (RE: possible Sartarite animism)

From: Jeff <richaje_at_QUEUXGdEU6P8ZwejoZY317Jyr_yFMCFOJg7H8YOSqLFpZDtar1sNqs8kNpc487ojPOJ5>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:27:18 -0000

> I notice several gods of the storm pantheon beyond Kolat & Urox (Chalana Arroy & Odayla in particular) are worshiped through ecstatic adoration. Does this mean that there animistic forms of magic associated with them.

In most cases ecstatic adoration (worship without sacrifice of things) is going to be associated with animistic forms of magic. With regards to Odayla, that is true - there are Odaylan spirit societies. However, Chalana Arroy is just anomolous. She is so generous, so merciful, so giving - she does not take sacrifices, just prayers, songs, dances, and adoration.

Jeff