Re: Fallen Stars in Brolia ?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_H8QU6GZzJc6Ne7aejHW0_DvtvDpFg_mkuvemHVV9GQzenhA6yDd0QuKgCQ6oSPAmAhX>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 07:17:19 +1300

On 2/11/2010 11:38 PM, David Scott wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2010, at 09:50, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>
>> But it wasn't a gloranthan wide event. It was somebody heroquesting
>> in Brolia and failing. As a result stars fell on his homeland. I
>> don't see why we should deny this in favour of a polymythed
>> interpretation from folks who know very little about Peloria and
>> care even less.

> How do we know it wasn't visible from elsewhere?

Falling stars isn't exactly a worldwide event here but rather a local one.

> I realise that this was the result of a heroquest in Brollia, but in
> heroquesting isn't there the idea of synchronistic events being
> pulled into the whole. This event being just part web of events.

The big event is the Battle at Castle Blue, *not* Orlanth's ring losing stars. Once again, when the Orlanthi say that some stars fell in Brolia as a result of a falied LBQ, which should we not believe this to be true?

--Peter Metcalfe