Re: Nice or not-so-nice Esvulari ?

From: simonbrayuk_at_X0Dtj7z88vsthfnd7DkCo1jvN6BhM8uWG-NDHya-SKWL1krGjlWAmA7IA9TNv0tZ
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:03:27 EDT

Hmmm....

 I don't actually remember writing anything that made the Esvulari into overly nice characters, especially as at that time we were thinking of a proto-Sicilian Norman/dark ages style character with bronze age twists back then. The Sorcerers of Worlath, Humct, Ehilm and Taurox were all pretty tough characters in my game, they just seemed more gentle when compared to the Rokari around them. The Caldvale write up in Tradetalk painted them in a positive light, but not a twee way IMHO.

 One of the things Mark Galeotti and I envisaged was that the Esvulari were always loyal to the King, no matter who he was, if a new king came along they transferred their loyalty to them. Those who dealt with the king were often sycophantic, but it kept their stability. Also in our games the Esvulari of Knightfort were feared by the Praxians and were notorious for their bloody treatment of the beast riders.

Simon