Re: Good pictures of brochs?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_09eLEDCzUKxEqlbiVmRwbO_lzbNHjMkDGu3PKPQiWFBTfOGS_yr_xGele3Ll6AaqNx-s>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:59:34 -0000

Forgive me if this appears more than once - YahooGroups is being a little funny with my posts (so I am reposting this):

> I'm working on a 2A Ralios game and trying to work out what similarities and differences there are between Ralians and Heortlings. (Ie close enough to be recognisably Storm barbarians, but I really don't like the idea of presenting players with Heortling sources and saying, "but you call this god something else")

OK to start with, the Ralian Orlanthi call Orlanth the same thing that the Heortling Orlathi do: Orlanth. The Ralian Orlanthi worship Orlanth and Ernalda, along with the Lightbringers and several other major gods (such as Humakt). Some gods found amongst the Heortlings are unimportant to the Ralians (such as Vingkot, Heort, Kero Fin, and so on); some gods are more important to the Ralians than to the Heortlings (such as Alakoring) or even unknown to the Heortlings (such as Visku and so on).

But at the end of the day, the Orlanthi of Ralios share the same pantheon as the Orlanthi of Dragon Pass. They differ in initiation rites, ancestors, history, current political organization, rivalries and allies, but they share the same basic set of gods.

As for material culture, the Orlanthi of Sartar are most influenced by Esrolia, the Orlanthi north of Dragon Pass are most influenced by Dara Happa and the Lunar Empire, and the Orlanth of Ralios are most materially influenced by Safelster.

Jeff