Re: Seshnegi Questions

From: Stewart <stu_stansfield_at_DOD0FwijaWO8ns2f022x8CrLxxOOIJxUOTN_CasCMdsJsysWlZI7mWMewQ2PP>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 19:07:23 -0000

> I think the Hrestoli Ducks would object vigorously to that
> symbol....

True! Or it's possible the image of the canard plumé represents an act of martyrdom, similar to St Sebastian's (who wasn't, to my knowledge, plucked). I don't know where the whole 'pizzled Or' thing comes from, mind.

'To pluck', of course, has offensive connotations in durulz dialects of Theyalan. "Go pluck your mother!"; "You randy plucker!"; "(I'll) pluck you, asswipe!"; "I'll be plucked if I know..." etc. Plucking is a ritual humiliation that has been inflicted on the ducks (not least by themselves) throughout history.

One thing I always liked about the Arthurian tales was all the foreign knights, such as Palamedes. I'm not suggesting their Western counterparts were/are ducks. Morokanth or baboons would be cool, too.