Re: S:KoH Nandan?

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_DKM9yptAnMjbQvDRJgoGQ7uQMcGijYoroMhYYzM9YJVTPLi0BjcK4HYbK4cpfqyt>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 08:22:39 -0000

Greg :

> And it's certainly permissible for them to marry Vingans and whatnot
> > besides...
> >

> If "whatnot" means men then I agree.
> However, I would not include among "whatnot" animals, the dead, trees,
> broos, and much else.

Oh, sorry for any confusion -- I was responding to someone asking about Nandani who may be men doing women's work rather than being "men who are women", and was suggesting that these _unusual_ Nandani would be free to marry women who do men's work and are legally and religiously considered to be men ; and also to help illustrate that these are not black and white concepts.

Of course, far more typicallly, Nandani marry men.

I didn't mean to suggest they can marry planets, herds of sheep, dragonewt plinths, volumes of poetry, nor other ridiculous suggestions :D

> > My basic point being really, that whilst the very nature of divine worship
> > among the Orlanthi *does* encourage conformity and identity with the
> > preponderant stereotypes,
>
> This is the cart before the horse.
> "the very nature of conformity and identity *does* encourage divine worship
> among the Orlanthi with the preponderant stereotypes."

A simple difference of perspective -- the important thing is that these concepts are in fact linked :)

Julian Lord