Re: Interesting Rambling

From: hcarteau_at_rbBxkhlgtaS9OV85iSF4mcDHVvtyJmISf-llAtKRx1tKBQJ5AdKN5s9teLVHin6khbp
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:54:08 +0100

Selon fairbruk <kevin_at_MSEtS9HpSvPqddsEEPzQ5hZyN6ngiHABR9CT85xYNBZcwaxKNIgRhC4sxl_DviST3OOTcL9BXB-myszTR2_9Hxc8.yahoo.invalid>:

> I'll try (to rephrase). And of course I'm failing to write as a Gloranthan
sage, so this is all wrong by definition. /// Of course. Besides, it'd all depend on which kind of "gloranthan sage" you are : dara happan, kralori, malkioni, lunar etc.

> If we don't have a reason for DNA, we don't have a reason for cells as we
> understand them:

/// Yes.

though something similar probably makes a useful building block. /// Yes : the five Elements, ten Powers, five Forms (especially the Man Rune) and five Actions.

If we don't have significant evolution effects we probably don't have any apparently pointless evolutionary hangovers such as an appendix (theories vary on this though).
/// Hmm... OK.

A baby in the womb will grow perhaps echoing how a "human" body was shaped by the gods, which is probably a bit different. And so on. /// OK.

Thus you might wonder how it came to pass that a being created through long evolution and genetics came to look and function like a being created by the gods, spirits and logic.
/// Ah. Now I think I understand what you mean. I'd say there is not one answer, as usual, but as many as there are cultures. Here's a few :

It's true that it's hard to intellectually accept a World that doesn't run on evolution, living blocks, etc. But it doesn't make gaming any more difficult or less pleasant !