Re: It's hard to be a Scientist

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_9hvnFTjRpk1Iaf4QzmQUZCRc__5G55rrXGcjmKMfOJyRSpO-2DWo1vWYPmSuhes_p>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:25:49 -0800

this is not Gloranthan anymore...

On 1/11/11, Grimmund <grimmund_at_PC8qfnopaX3kF_24px-wrHShjOEKXX4s_5A7UMPp4G9VpF0ZW7sUkoTQBWg3iXt_gTG2zfZ9Rq_1.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_VLa8HBQSZqD6u_TrEBEQY9vvA5zKEAsqQ-8xZ_tR8911qZ4l-eSc9-Se2r08pQkgs-sae8DtmsbWuevZ.yahoo.invalid>wrote:
>
> I would correct this to say that contemporary Westerners do not have a clue
>> about what Spirituality is, whether faith-based or not. It is rather
>> amusing
>> to see all the effort that Dawkins and his ilk pour into condemning
>> religion
>> when all they exhibit is a loathing for Monotheism, as if that constituted
>> the only modern expression of spirituality
>>

> It's a matter of upbringing and picking one's target audience.

Nonsense. Dawkins pretends to be a scientist who is well informed, impersonal and able to looks at facts objectively. Instead he proves himself none of those.

> If they were
> Hindus, they might be condemning Hindu polytheism.

Only if they were as ignorant as Dawkins is about world religions and spirituality.

> One tends to see the problems of the system in which one is immersed, more
> clearly that the problems of a system with which one has little or no
> experience.

He is blowing ashes and pretending he is a fire.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer