Re: Get ready to Yggle!

From: Jeff <richaje_at_eqBh1My5XPSbDziLhE2U83GxJc4VEvb4nhyJWzvI07xW8yHCnfjouA00s8C7hWuPfn_T>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 05:23:44 -0000

> And, of course, one of the strengths of HeroQuest is that it
> can do scenarios where the important challenges aren't the violent
> ones really well, especially scenarios about diplomacy and persuasion.

Exactly. Or about relationships, values, beliefs, and so on.

> So scenarios challenges can include things like trying to
> convince Harrek to kill the *right* people, dealing with the
> aftermath after Harrek kills the *wrong* people, convincing potential
> allies not to attack Harrek because they will die, trying to escape
> from disasters Harrek has caused...
> I love the idea of a Harreksaga based game.

As do I! Of course there would be plenty of battles, sacked cities, and magical conflicts, but just as important would what you have just described. Indeed, it would be entirely possible that the heroes come to the conclusion that Harrek is their "real" antagonist (but also one they are tied to through greed, vengeance, and so on).

Jeff