Re: About Brithini agelessness

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_S6wToCOoE-loMTVoHGOgUn0Vvqd0Y9CpJvVE55zLnBr7NXuRG0XOFSARaP-vRzAbeew>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 23:53:41 +0000

hcarteau_at_WKwCqGx26oJlHntOT4gIEeuG7qowcM3bH8hNomGqmY3YDS3ps70Lz1oSAF3QRcteRrJPolSUCheL9Q.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> Jeff has said several times the brithini are not immortal, they do
> bleed and die
> when cut, then can get sick etc. "They simply do not age". Other
> inspired minds
> have wondered how does that work, but their request was lost. I would
> like to
> present it again.
>
> Is brithin agelessness a "racial", "natural" state of things, or is it the
> product of sorcery ? Do the zzaburi "bless" their people every
> generation / full
> moon / whatever to renew the spell of agelessness ?

Sort of. The Brithini are ageless because they keep to their traditions, and follow their rules. In a sense, the way that they live can be looked on as a sorcery spell (and possibly is described as such by some modern Malkioni), but it's not a spell in the normal sense of things. It doesn't need to be cast; if the Brithini live a proper life, they won't age. As soon as they abandon their society, they begin to age normally - not because there are no Zzaburi around, but because they have fallen from grace.

This is pretty much the same as the mostali, who also have a sorcerous culture with very strict rules.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/