Re: Pithdaros questions

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_-GijFSp74TI156vyzW8Aa_j9yajSK5z40b-vciMCofwMASTcn-TSaylfVY7axyvFcNC>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:00:40 +0000

jrhutch_94705 wrote:

> Hi, I am looking for more information on Pithdaros (3rd age), and
> there seems conspicuously little on it to find. What is its
> relationship with the Kingdom of Seshnela?

It's an entirely separate country, and currently a member of the Quinpolic League, although at one point it may well have been part of the Kingdom.

> It is not clear who rules it but I've seen mention of a "Dark Duke."

As far as I know, it has an independent "count". Certainly there seems to be some sort of independent, presumably hereditary, leader.

> I also have seen widely varying maps on its geographic boundaries and
> borders, e.g. some maps show Nolos to the north, east, or west of
> it(!) so it (and Nolos) variably does/doesn't share a boundary with
> Seshnela proper. Is there a canonical map online? The Avalon Hill
> Genertela Book seems to have the most canonical map I can find, and
> that places Nolos to the north- cutting Pithdaros off from Seshnela
> itself.

So far as I'm aware, the Genertela Book map is the canonical one. The Glorantha Book from Hero Wars shows essentially the same geography.

> What role does the Rokari Church or Ship of Life Church have in Pithdaros?

I don't think there's been a canonically published answer to this. Personally, I'd give the Ship of Life some influence, because of the membership of the Quinpolic League, but in general, I think the Pithdarans follow an idiosyncratic sect of their own.

> I know there must be numerous pagan/heathen cults (and such things
> masquerading as Saint reverence!) too, but is there a mainstream
> Church presence or just vying major factions in addition to scores of
> tiny ones? I like the idea that Pithdaros is a place where it is not
> just old ways traditionalism (pagan/heather) slogging it out with the
> big church(es) but also a major stage where the struggle of the Rokari
> Church to suppress the Ship of Life Church (and others) plays out.

I think this sort of thing is also happening in Nolos.

> Common sense dictates that since the Pithdarans are waiting for the
> return of Gbaji (And Arkat?) he will come in some form (in their
> perspective) in the 3rd Age, whether that is
> Waertagi/Luathans/Brithini/Vadeli/Wolf Pirates (not very satisfying as
> Gbaji analogues, but still certain to be a source of trouble for
> them?) or something else (more than `just' Chaos?).

Makes sense to me.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic