Pithdaros questions

From: jrhutch_94705 <jrhutch_94705_at_8fqfGmCs5BpyQcFeVQkXTABLDjrefoA5ykCCKqZWLeTm67mnL8eIeBa6DwIOox>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:09:36 -0000

Hi, I am looking for more information on Pithdaros (3rd age), and there seems conspicuously little on it to find. What is its relationship with the Kingdom of Seshnela?

I have variably seen it regarded as part of the kingdom or else part of the Quinpolic League (maybe the rulers are savvy enough to play at being both?). It is not clear who rules it but I've seen mention of a "Dark Duke." I'm playing a lengthy campaign on the isle of Giraine (Tradetalk ~15- many thanks to the author!) where these details have become increasingly important and I've realized I may have grossly misunderstood some.

I also have seen widely varying maps on its geographic boundaries and borders, e.g. some maps show Nolos to the north, east, or west of it(!) so it (and Nolos) variably does/doesn't share a boundary with Seshnela proper. Is there a canonical map online? The Avalon Hill Genertela Book seems to have the most canonical map I can find, and that places Nolos to the north- cutting Pithdaros off from Seshnela itself.

What role does the Rokari Church or Ship of Life Church have in Pithdaros? I know there must be numerous pagan/heathen cults (and such things masquerading as Saint reverence!) too, but is there a mainstream Church presence or just vying major factions in addition to scores of tiny ones? I like the idea that Pithdaros is a place where it is not just old ways traditionalism (pagan/heather) slogging it out with the big church(es) but also a major stage where the struggle of the Rokari Church to suppress the Ship of Life Church (and others) plays out. Later complicated by the attempts of the Brithini/Waertagi to stamp out St Dormal and thus the Ship of Life Church, but also to crush Seshnela and therefore the Rokari, whereas politically Seshnela is pushing to envelop Nolos (and Pithdaros?).

And what roles does Pithdaros play in the Hero Wars? (I know this is probably all a Big Secret that we must wait for, but will gratefully receive info or speculations) All I can find is that `Argrath' gets the Red Gold Knife from Pithdaros. I have my own personal campaign ideas of course, but am looking for the broad perspective (or anything).

Common sense dictates that since the Pithdarans are waiting for the return of Gbaji (And Arkat?) he will come in some form (in their perspective) in the 3rd Age, whether that is Waertagi/Luathans/Brithini/Vadeli/Wolf Pirates (not very satisfying as Gbaji analogues, but still certain to be a source of trouble for them?) or something else (more than `just' Chaos?). I imagine that is a very Big Secret much as the comings of Arkat (five times?) are, but again welcome thoughts.

OK that's probably more than enough questions for now. :) -John H