Re: Votnakiland [Re: Okapi]

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_EAcvpNxzh0oOaemGp-j0mU1p_mliCKwuR4fx5dBLcIc3glb_TIAiTjdcy_6YJvXXEWGZS>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 08:26:32 -0700

> Given the number
> of domesticated pigs, I'd have thought that wild boar, or something
> similar, would also be plausible.

Oh, it's definitely *plausible*, even if the authors back then didn't think of it. The Southwestern US is currently undergoing a wild boar population explosion. Smithsonian magazine had a rather tinteresting article on it, including how domestic pigs devolve back to wild boar rather quickly http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/A-Plague-of-Pigs-in-Texas.html

RR
>From such a face and form as mine, the noblest sentiments sound like the
black utterances of a depraved imagination.