Re: Nybie poisoner or innocent victim ?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_soZkB-lroMYPvrOw63sJTPVI9wXJDzj7GhgUJRDaG6lohTEA739Pq8CEPhJmGBt_ORf>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 12:05:22 +1300

On 4/2/2011 9:47 AM, hcarteau_at_oTN2SDVqShC8afNp7uVqmn9lp4WOPHUGr8qGXL-d05Zea2LYejyZPTPjHlR8yEw84AsT7m_t.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> Why in hell did the nybies, from Dorastor and Peloria, did got all the way down
> south to convert people who had had no part in the God Project, then poison them
> with disease, create vampirs etc ?

The story is that they tried to convert them, failed and ended up spreading the disease which only they could cure in order to successfully convert them. Then when their deception was uncovered by Arkat and others, they turned to chaos to save themselves.

> Did Bright Nysalor really knew of this
> venture ? Was he/she aware of these vile deeds ?
Dorastor: Land of Doom says he was but they were beyond his control. That's why went Arkat conquered Tanisor, the Empire of Light didn't do anything. Only when Arkat and Friends moved on to Ralios, did they send troops.

> And if he wasn't, then the
> Arkat killed an innocent, and destroyed countless lives and cities to do it,
> while said innocent was trying his best to protect him/herself.
Arkat wasn't exactly renowned for being caring about the innocents that he killed.

> Who exactly began the "nybie" mess in malkioni lands ?
As far as anybody knows, it was Nysaloran missionaries to Tanisor, one of who may be Gachamagacan.

I have a couple of theories about how the Missionaries were actually exiles from Dorastor (after an abortive revolt involving Ralzakark) and the origin of the plague was caused by the Sun Stop.

--Peter Metcalfe