Re: Nybie poisoner or innocent victim ?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_9NtF4O2nAY2j0q597IOiDO7LUy0B41QlH0rid64o5Tm8DxqsziIPDcMpLKkHQ39IGFzR>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 11:33:14 -0000

> > /// I'd like to hear about these theories. I'm begining to suspect poor old
> > Nysalor' name has been blighted for twelve centuries for the wrong reasons
> > - he
> > kept desesperately trying to fend off that monster maniac that sprang from
> > the
> > south and killed a few wayward missionaries, then took it upon him/itself
> > to rid
> > the world of their Inspiration.
>
> The beauty of the Arkat/Nysalor story is in the moral ambiguity at its core,
> IMHO. The Evil that does Good vs the Good that does Evil - but which is
> which? It can be convincingly argued either way.

Yes that's absolutely right. There is no doubt that Gaalth and the Nysalorian cultists in Ralios were responsible for evils as they spread the worship of the Perfect One. Whether those evils were in the service of the greater good or simply revealed Nysalor's fundamental evil; that's a matter for debate and war.

Jeff