Re: History and Time in the West

From: Stewart <stu_stansfield_at_ufBaq8Tvsl5lLmAwipMZSvvQhCdaVuAcn02Kcoa0hHXdMhsuV_3Yv_be8LmQt>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 21:12:34 -0000

Trotsky:
> Besides, having two calendrical systems counting
> forward from the same date, but arriving at different answers strikes me
> as a recipe for confusion in published sourcebooks, regardless of how
> plausible it might be in the actual world.

This is where I mischievously mention that the ducks of Dragon Pass adopted the Theyalan calendar, but reckon their years in base 8.

What the gormless Heortlings reckon as 1613 ST, for example, is actually 3115 ST in octal numerals.

I encourage everybody to adopt the durulz system.

Stew. (Who is awaiting a certain base-15 follow-up, more pertinent to the West...)