Re: History and Time in the West

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_LDCcIRWS9RRuPZiOCxWr_gl70EA6Hn-ZP5KXWrza6iBJZh8aSt4EB1Sr460kmWteAAp>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:48:45 +1200

On 4/10/2011 4:20 AM, Ian wrote:
> With the Loskalmi, I'm still torn between Hrestol's revelation, or
> even as late as the Syndic's Ban when Loskalm was able to begin its
> Utopian project. The orthodox Hrestoli of the Castle Coast are almost
> certainly dating from Hrestol's revelation, which may or may not match
> up with the Theyalan Dawn-based calendar.
I don't believe this to be the case. The Hrestoli revelation of Joy isn't as a major significance to Malkionism than Malkion's Sacrifice. It would be closer to the foundation of Christian Monasticism than the Crucifixion.

> The Stygians are a mess, and while it'd be neat and tidy to have their
> calendar go from Arkat's apotheosis, there's just too many outside
> influences going on up there.

Arkat's apotheosis is a cult secret (by which I think his lieutenants covered up the fact that he had disappeared to avoid their enemies looking for trouble). The end of Arkat's Peace is given as 525 ST, which seems a good date for the first Autarch is be enthroned. Another date might be the Nysalor's Death.

As to other outside influences, I'm curious to see which one would be considered more important than Arkat.

--Peter Metcalfe