Re:History and Time in the West

From: Ian <ilikemonkeys.geo_at_7xu_T7mNJreZkxPdM3IKkJhmvEB8c2nhv3bwkwyNJXaOIOrcm6VL5q4I63y>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:28:48 -0000

Prophecy is already a hazy subject, and when you throw in different time-keeping methods it becomes maddening:

/Long before these happenings
the people of the East, influenced by the Moon, in the year 1700 will cause many to be carried away, and will almost subdue the Northern area./

Is this 1700 by Solara Tempora, or 1700 by the Abiding Book calender? Do we know what system this prophet used, and was his magical source using the same calendar? The call to adventure is rarely "To the library!" but in this case do we really want to risk the chance that 1700 by the prophet's reckoning is TOMORROW?

Or, what if it was TODAY, and now the heroes are left scrambling trying to decode the rest of the prophecy in order to rescue their northern family - all that symbolism that was interpreted assuming a Theyalan/God-Learner context just went out the window when circumstances indicate he was using the little known Durulz calendar. What does the Moon mean to ducks?!