Re: Introductions and a question

From: hcarteau_at_DglI_OODReHU_k6-ywMfu9CbGayzgiKIqBLD1B0fwIwErsnBGlyXZ5Ifot0_DCHweNX
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:27:30 +0200

Hello from the other half of the world (France) and welcome to Glorantha. I envy you to discover these lands and cultures, and walk around them in wonder.

If you don't find an ongoing campaign, and feel like trying to run one, do not hesitate. Have no self-doubt, etc : just try it. Your Glorantha will be shaped by you. What you say, goes - and it doesn't have to be "cannon" or "gospel" or whatever : it's a game, and all I wish is that you and your players enjoy it.

A word of technical advice : start small. Pick a place you like. Most beginners start in Sartar, the most developped part of Glorantha. If you enjoy cattle-rustling and bashing your neighbours' heads in, it's a very good place. But there are many other places - from super-sophisticated great cities in the Lunar Empire or the West, to neolithic-level hunters who think a flail is powerful magic.

I like these settings because it means players don't know anything beyond their immediate surroundings - take the city boys to the countryside and they'll have a hard time to survive. Take the cavemen to a city and they'll have a hard time to survive too !

What's your instinctive taste ?