Re: Introductions and a question

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_4xk_OgVxmNO8hviBL2yq8vNqY2yJ6H8UGc_GGYQSK-kfKMDPyfXoRyWG76u8rc>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 01:27:33 -0000

I've had a lot of fun with PBEMs. They are sometimes frustrating, sometimes take a lot of time, and they don't always work, just like face to face. The difference is the time scale and pacing, the focus of the action.

I've run a few and been in some others. Sadly, I dropped out because it was hard for me to make the time and really, you only get out of it what you put in (moreso than face to face). I have some theories on what makes a game work or not, but they are hardly proven.

Looking back, and reading some old games is also good fun.

Pavis Monopoly, "Yes...but" Prax, Citadel Kings of Balazar, Firetribe, Arkat Alumnus, excellent games.