Re: History of Malkioni Thought

From: Scott <romulan_ace_at_OAUx8qOEFbeUmQ6XIrbxhsJT9AP5QMk3BZ03Fw6FgWBx5xua3V6s68XgNzb2BWKI>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 18:55:29 -0000

> We have some information about the History of Malkioni Thought up at glorantha.com. Want to know about the early Hrestoli "knights" or what the Brithini sorcerers say about the source of Creation? Then check it out!
>
> http://www.glorantha.com/wp/?page_id=1763

Great stuff and I'm looking forward to the updated edition of Revealed Mythologies. A few questions:

> They do require that the [Hrestoli] wizard have experienced Joy (ie
> henosis with the One) in order to awaken the "inner light" of the
> wizard's essential soul.

Does this awakening experience of Joy for the Men of All happen at the end of the "knighthood path" first undertaken by Hrestol? Here's a post from Greg (Nov. 4, 2010) that seems to say yes:

> > After the Dawn, Hrestol's Men of All have a new, invigorating spiritual
> path that opens up new possibilities for those capable of following it.
>
> Is this path following Hrestol's, with the Court of Silence and all that,

> GS: To become a Superior Man, a Man of All, yes.

Is Hrestol's "knighthood path" related to Malkion's sacrifice? What I mean here is, was Malkion's death, presumed passage through the underworld/experience at the Court of Silence/going on to Solace a precondition for Hrestol's (similar?) journey, creating a pathway for exceptional mortals to follow?

Another quote from the same post says:

> GS: The variant paths to Joy ... all follow the same general path
> of Preparation, Revelation, Return, Teaching, Dissolution.

Is the Revelation for the Men of All always the same ("Once one has achieved Joy, one can learn to manipulate the Runes in the manner Hrestol did.") or is there variation? How does this Revelation occur (personal insight, communication with beings in Solace, etc.)?

Here's a more recent quote from Greg (March 31st this year):

> The Monotheist types always waste a huge amount of time and power gearing up
> their "devil destroyer" weapons, made to raise the internal activity of a
> demon's souls and contain it within their skin until they implode, because
> the space they occupy has intensified to the level of their original world,
> to which they return immediately. *pop*. It works on something like that
> principle, but the whole "demonic" programming (does this entity hate the
> One? Know the One? Fear the One? Fear me? *Activate!*) and energy is wasted.

I'm hazy on the Malkioni/Zzaburi toolkit for dealing with hostile entities so I found the above interesting. Arcane Lore has the following:

Mutation: A sorcerous act that causes something to change, but not into matter and energy as per their normal power of reduction.

Tapping: Causes something to change by diminishing, forever. In return, the sorcerer obtains the energy of thing tapped to use, one time.

Reduce: To strip away the falsities of something to reveal its essential energies and materials. They can reduce gods, spirits, and mystical abstractions this way. Typically done with skills like Malkioni Philosophy and Logic.

Are these "devil destroyer" weapons reducing (then imploding) their target? Are mutation/tapping/reduction all available to Zzaburi? (I realize tapping obviously is.) How about to Hrestoli Men of All?

Thanks,
Scott