Re: The Paps

From: Jeff <richaje_at_qiQ_gI6-LCCtGe9FJs49H-GkfxhNIvMsq4fae9AByaxtGEiz-iH-6tKiuPBqz-rf3hs1>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 16:24:26 -0000

> My Glorantha varies. I think the direction that BG has been taken in Hero Quest is a pointless nerfing of a good, and much needed cult that has made it virtually unplayable. So I ignore a lot of the HQ take on her in favor of a more Rune Quest approach. That's actually my approach to a lot of HQ religious developments.

Do you mean in Storm Tribe or in Sartar Companion? Or both?

Babeester Gor, like Humakt and like Urox, is a transgressional cult that is tolerated because it fulfills specific social AND mythical needs in Orlanthi society. However, even in a tribal society where violence is always an option there is going to be a limited need for women who are full-time killers. The fact that the Orlanthi have even one cult for such women is pretty remarkable; that they have four warrior goddesses (off hand, Babeester Gor, Maran Gor, Erantha Gor, and Vinga) and several other killer cults without gender restrictions says a lot.

Jeff