Re: Population of Genertela -- the Others

From: Jeff <richaje_at_kwS0LC9PUC9FZssAzo2Bsqk5GKrzESn6oN38ByVtWkJe1_jSjrDA7wAXJBJHSX1NBINr>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:53:41 -0000

> Who are these "Others"? At least some of them will be Dragonewts, as I didn't see any figures for them anywhere.

Yes. They also include plenty of scattered groups without even enough information *yet* to give them a subject line.
> Also are the Dark Troll figures really figures for all Uz (Dark Trolls and Trollkin and maybe a few others), or do we need to add figures for Trollkin on top of those for Dark Trolls? The old RQ II assumption used to be that there were at least two Trollkin per Dark Troll, but this may no longer be canonical.

All Uz.

> Also is it just me or do the figures for the number of Orlanthi in Nimistor and Wenelia look more like a Genertela Crucible of the Hero Wars figure than a Blood over Gold figure? IIRC there are some Orlanthi (and erstwhile Caladrans (called Colanti?) and Helerings (Atelli?)) in the Ditali lands, but Vorlan isn't Orlanth any more is he? (and I speak as someone who quite liked the unofficial Tradetalk version of Wenelia)

Those numbers are correct and canonical - at least as far as any future Third Age Gloranthan publications are concerned. YGWV, of course. Maniria west of the Holy Country gets its own treatment and population detail in the Guide. If there is interest, I can put some of the draft details on glorantha.com next week, when comments are scheduled to be available.

Jeff