Re: Population of Genertela -- the Others

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_zsHbnws9AD8tGNkGxxzFDzyUo5PnaYL5MECZ8-ViNVpxputxe9HT9fj7c3MR>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 12:44:56 +0100 (BST)

One thing which is surprising is how high some of the figures for "Others" are. For example there are more "Others" in Kralorela than there are Orlanthi in Heortland and Sartar put together!

Who are these "Others"? At least some of them will be Dragonewts, as I didn't see any figures for them anywhere.

Presumably many of those in the West will be Hsunchen from tribes ther than the Rathori?

Presumably at least some of the Manirian others are Esvulari and other Malkioni?

Under Kralorela I don't think I saw any figures for Melib (unless it is counted in the Teshnan total) or for either the humans or Keets of Vithela, and this would go some way towards explaining the large numbers unaccounted for. How many are Hsunchen? (excluding those in Shan Shan)

Also are the Dark Troll figures really figures for all Uz (Dark Trolls and Trollkin and maybe a few others), or do we need to add figures for Trollkin on top of those for Dark Trolls? The old RQ II assumption used to be that there were at least two Trollkin per Dark Troll, but this may no longer be canonical.

Also is it just me or do the figures for the number of Orlanthi in Nimistor and Wenelia look more like a Genertela Crucible of the Hero Wars figure than a Blood over Gold figure? IIRC there are some Orlanthi (and erstwhile Caladrans (called Colanti?) and Helerings (Atelli?)) in the Ditali lands, but Vorlan isn't Orlanth any more is he? (and I speak as someone who quite liked the unofficial Tradetalk version of Wenelia)

Richard Hayes