Re: Population of Maniria

From: hcarteau_at_0MQofP1-5LUdQkjm0v2yWUcddyJoboH599pmEXjBj4dfQ7e3q0dCurjkV_V_nMVGR-N
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 18:40:56 +0200

do the figures for the number of Orlanthi in Nimistor and Wenelia look more like a Genertela Crucible of the Hero Wars figure than a Blood over Gold figure?
/// Having mastered a Wenelian campaign (BoG) for three years, I discussed these
matters with Jeff. Yes, you are right : it's back to GCotHW figures. Blood over Gold isn't cannon anymore.

IIRC there are some Orlanthi (and erstwhile Caladrans (called Colanti?) and Helerings (Atelli?)) in the Ditali lands,
/// All of these are part of the Tradetalk version, which I used in my campaign.
Rest assured : in the future new Glorantha, the colanti and their Howler Volcano, and the atelli / helering with their blue ships floating on clouds will remain. I did my part lobbying for them !

but Vorlan isn't Orlanth any more is he?
/// Well officially no. The trick is the wenelians are theist orlanthis, but
live so far away from Kero Fin they do not access the Gods as easily as the heortlings, who are really dwelling "where our Gods thread". Their magics are based on a local sacred Storm Mountain, the local substitute for Kero Fin. Also they don't worship Barntar because agriculture is such a disaster in Maniria.

(and I speak as someone who quite liked the unofficial Tradetalk version of Wenelia)
/// Well so do I, and I will tomorrow wrap up three years of a great campaign
using BoG, Vorlani and a lot of spirit cults, hard-core harandings and asharans who hold their own vs. the seshnegi. Then it'll be over. Then maybe someday I'll launch a new campaign using the new material ! However, the guy who does the work (writing) decides what he writes, and if he wants to make changes that's OK with me. Perphas the future New Maniria will even be more interesting than the BoG I know and love ?

To sum up, again : bravo to the BoG authors. To the others : Buy this book while some copies are still around. To all : enjoy the future new Genertela ! The malkioni have changed / will change, so have/will the manirians, and it will give us more gaming pleasure !

May the Prophet's Name be blessed forever. Praise Ashara.