Re: The three runes we all have

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_cB2v5gpuE9cNVQeYBTCPXeDx0KfuHEmxAIVx7bOsrknHVR4EGC7MlbR3ZkH7o9GMs11>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 10:01:20 -0000

> I suspect you're after the Gloranthan answer, but I just wanted to
> point out that no matter how your Glorantha varies, the game rules
> should support it.
>
> David Dunham
> Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html

Yes indeed David, I'm looking at the Gloranthan metaphysics more than specific game-system conventions. Systems come and go.

I have a fairly good feeling about my grasp on this now, but I'm somewhat surprised to see many people comment that the three-runes thing is just for theists. That sounds quite wrong to me, or then I'm missing somehing badly. Surely you have the runes even before any theist initiation happens. Theism brings about their expression (what magic you can do with them), but it feels like they are already there, and would still be there if you were raised as an animist or monotheist instead.

  -Adept