Re: The three runes we all have

From: Jeff <richaje_at_kqrQk4o8tYzUAwKnbPZgNKxlrwZqtywHah5VFGa-SbIhXlW_C0yQhYUYJaR-Sybh-nUR>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:20:39 -0000

> Your personal runes drive you to behave in certain ways (they are your soul and your personality, after all). And typically, your personal runes match or complement those of the communities that you are born into or choose to join. Occasionally, your runes clash - and how this is resolved is the stuff of stories, whether heroic or tragic (or both).

Agree absolutely.

> > Wizardry is something you know, not something you are. You can
> > be a sadistic murdering monster and have mastered the Grimoire
> > of Xemela far better than the compassionate lifegivers.
>
> After what I said above, I can hardly agree that this is likely, although I admit the possibility :D

Lol. The point is that wizards who have studied the sorcery of healing are not necessarily going to act at all like Chalana Arroy healers. They may treat the patient as a mere laboratory experiment or a simple piece of meat. What matters is whether the wizard possessed the intellectual ability to comprehend sorcery (in many cases that gets expressed with the Law Rune) and whether the wizard studied the grimoire.

> > sorcerers use their Law Rune to master the Torvald Fragments
> > Grimoire).
> I would suggest that many, or even most, sorcerers possess the Law Rune.

In some cultures that is probably correct. Frex, the Rokari look for children who are strong in the Law Rune and take them as novice students of the Wizard caste. In others, that is not the case.

Jef