Re: the penultimate scenario of French Fay Jee

From: hcarteau_at_HBHn5coprMwlSNGsymDyp1HZ8sf3muCGO3YbLzc4si7itjtp6mnCljFSRvoP8XXhq0Y
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:52:02 +0200

Last saturday I ran what I thought would be the last of 30 games set in Fay Jee and based on the BoG excellent campaign. It was not to be ; there'll be another one as so much happened.

Basically, I went Cecil B. De Mile, using casts of thousands. The PCs fought off an "invasion by Greymane" north-east of Fay Jee, at Digger Fort. They made deals
(ie gave a lot of ressource points) to uz so they'd attack "Greymane's ost" at
night. They joined in the night fight and their sorcerer singed harstal, one of Greymane's sons.

The next day, by chance and thanks to their quick planning, they launched a full-blow cavalry charge, leading the Stygian lances, at 1 to 9 odds, against the disorganized and somewhat irritated barbarians. And they won, scattered said barbarians and killed Greymane's son in a memorable fight with Sir Caduel the Pure, our Paladin (I have now nicknamed him Captain America, as he is so valorous, loyal, honest etc.).

By interrogating prisonners they then realized (the horror) that it was a diversionary force ; most of Greymane's ost has gone the other way, to Joral
(perhaps to ally with their arch-nemesis Baron Barthol Jhoraz ???), and by
sweeping down the Nimistor river, could be under Fay Jee's walls in a few days. Said walls are in a sad state, since they blew the House's money on naval defense to fend off a return by the wolf pirates, which they expected thanks to my devious foreshadowing.

Now the PCs are feverish : how the hell are we gonna stop Greymane from razing Fay Jee ??? And what powers will he unleash once he learns we (yes, they) killed his cherished son ??? They have already begun churning out plans and ideas to fend the beast off.

I have only one word : BWAH AH AH !!

On a games rules level, HQ allows to run mass battles with very little bother. And even then, I basically threw off the rules book and did what I liked.