Re: Historical Map of Genertela, Part II: 250 ST.

From: Jeff <richaje_at_Y5Etilt8rbmV19p_h7OIkS1QBbkKkWFfqNaYi21bpF79A4MuGKptzsXcGPNhkoWgK1on>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 04:10:39 -0000

> The Mournsea makes its first appearance which is a bit of a surprise as
> I thought it happened before the Dawn. The Malkioni seem to be
> concentrated on the city of Bemelor on the Nimistor River.

Greg's Slontos map series makes it clear that the making of the Mournsea occurs AFTER the Dawn. The Entruli entry in History of the Heortling Peoples is a little confusing (and downright wrong in a few places).

The Malkioni are concentrated between Kaxtorplose and Bemelor, that's right.

> The Dorastran/Heortling settlement in what is now Delela places an
> interesting context of Anirestyu's siege of a city there during the
> Gbaji Wars. The Dragonewts have settled Ormsland (and not as I
> previously assumed during the EWF period).

Yes, they came during the Theyalan era. Rumors of Reptile Hsunchun need to keep this in mind.

> The Yggites have appeared for the first time. There's a major human
> settlement on the south shore of the sweet sea which may be either Blue
> People or Bull worshippers.

Well, the ancestors of the folk who we call the Yggites appear for the first time. I doubt they call themselves that yet.

> There's a sliver of a troll population in Aggar. It's probably part of
> Halikiv but the absence of a name is a bit annoying.

Part of Halikiv. From time to time, Halikiv spills over the Rockwoods.

> Birin is still under the control of the Blue Moon Plateau which must
> make life interesting for the nearby Dara Happans.

Yes it does! One thing that really surprised me while making these maps was the extent of trolls presence near the Dara Happans. Unlike with the Orlanthi who have at least some positive interaction with the trolls, this is entirely hostile - for both peoples.

> Both Kralorela and Bliss in Ignorance have picked up territory in the
> north yet the Kralori seem adverse to annexing Lur Nop. What is going on?

For reasons understood only by himself, Emperor Yanoor refused to extend his blessings to Lur Nop.

Jeff