Re: The Ignorants seen by themselves

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_2blSP-fcbq6wYtgtzZMWjs5f10Yxi2lcDWfdkV-EHPs89EyxIwEluRyX569hXgJN>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 07:11:16 -0700 (PDT)

Richard Hayes:

> Maybe trade with a certain Praxian tribe would have offered a less bloody way
>to grow maize:
>http://news.bioscholar.com/2011/05/llama-dung-maize-revolution-behind-inca-success-in-peruvian-andes.html

Interesting thought. I'd spin it a little differently, because Praxians at the dawn were a small group of people living strictly in Prax. They did not start living in the wastes until after the Dawn, though Waha has explored it before then.

But there was a civilization that lived in and around Genert's garden that the coming of the Devil shattered. Suppose that the maize goddess was one of (or like) the 48 old ones. When Genert died, refugees from the garden might have taken knowledge of maize to Ignorance. Presumably, the local natives would have enslaved the refugeees and started eating the llamas they brought with them. When the last llamas died, they lacked the fertilizer that had been necessary to growing maize. They eventually found out that blood worked. I can see the slave overseers angry that the maize was stunted and killing a slave on the spot. Amazing! The maize started to grow again.

Or something like that.

Chris