Re: Scripts + Examples

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_LWs2RVs7jidKzA_-vn9JK---Yd2_aU_0C7j8TBkZg7CdTBTWwwIxavWUGuEIeW2-blitBhj->
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:13:27 +0200 (CEST)

> Posted by: "Jeff" richaje_at_6RHvSTee4KmBDAPvdRjP2Bfwg9tcKyIAl18uj8zCxVW2YRrMo7-wVJjAvU-dsWgGCtxMRUOQWw.yahoo.invalid jeffrichard68
> But as for your question regarding Umathela, I presume that the wizardly
> folk use the Western Script, and the barbaric settlers use some script
> derived from the LM scripts (maybe actually the LM script given how
> conservative LM is). There is likely also a Fonrit script, although that
> may be heavily derived from Western.

The Fonritians may have inherited the native scripts (or glyphs) of the Artmali and/or Thinokans to some degree. I wouldn't postulate a Doraddi script, if it ever existed, survived after the conquest by the Artmali.

All of these were urban cultures, which suggests some form of record-keeping. If there is a script style similar to the Maya symbols, I would expect it somewhere in Fonrit. (Although likely with scarier characters).

In Umathela the Western script might include a Vadeli version which might do strange and disquieting alterations and aberrations to the usual Western script.