Wedding Special

From: Stephen <stephenmcg_at_pxBkuZTehu0_W98XAUZwWrnKq0BM6CuXmq7i5pBVaP8TBDnL_bJexaBOnxN_UiLjz>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 15:37:08 -0000

We are going away for a gaming weekend in lieu of a stag weekend (though I am sure that there will be alcohol in evidence).

We have agreed to run games with a wedding theme. I have decided to run a mix of Runequest and Heroquest...I have not decided yet but I am thinking based somewhere on the original map in RuneQuest.

I plan to have the set-up be a cursed clan. As a result the marriages of the clan chief's family tend to be dramatic and end in tragedy. The characters will be the thanes of the clan tasked with breaking the curse.

I want a few tasks that will result in each of the thanes acquire an item or an ability that will be taken into the Hero Plane in an effort to break the curse. It would be nice for there to be choices to be made at each stage in the task - I want to be able to provide each player with a card that will outline their role in the Hero Plane based on the ability or item that they acquire.

So why am I here? I would like to see if people could suggest a myth round which I could base the game - I have come up short in thinking here. My thoughts are that the final scene should be a wedding feast, the focus of which would be the bride and groom drinking mead from the wedding cup. Depending on the item each player gets each player will be working for or against the success.

Then I want a few set-pieces but those should be suggested by the final scene. So I might wait to see what comes up...but the main idea will be to quest for items of power. It should also spotlight various races or cults in the process. I would like the emphasis of each quest to require different approaches - fighting should not be the right approach in all cases.

Should be easy, huh?

I'd like to stress, I am looking for inspirational sentences and hooks. Will be more than happy to put the detail into everything else...

Stephen