Re: Creating and playing a Lucky character

From: jorganos <joe_at_BVtLxMCCTdqgENdoi8jdb_awwyKAhgdI1O4mfHBHgwTdUM_WQFu6JdPaVMkDLxoV8wspqVRa>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 16:46:29 -0000

> Or is there another rune which simultaneously conveys good and bad luck in a better way?
>  Alternatively have the Luck and Fate runes been merged to make just one rune, denoting good and bad luck?

Ages ago I did some weird ASCII graphics on the RuneQuest Digest, investigating the (Chaosium- and AH-Era) Runes.

A rune and its opposite often combine to something like a circle or asterisk, e.g. Truth and Illusion, or Fertility and Death. (ok, the other two pairs of power Runes don't work that well)

As for the "pair" of Luck and Fate, my analysis was that the Luck Rune is the lower half of the Fate Rune.

>From there you get the Bad Luck Rune (which is the the upper half of Fater, or Luck rune upside down, _\_/_ ).

In lieu of "Bad Luck", maybe it could be called the "Curse" Rune. (Others might call it the Wacken Open Air Rune, at least it's a common hand sign seen there this weekend.)