Re: Who was the Gouvenor of Heortland before 1603?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_OT17pq5oe3aDAzGAGVizscO0MYMpXrmyjpQ2j1ZvCkQmB31Lr894sSRo2NWlt4hy6rcy>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 05:54:19 -0000

> I picked up my old project about the city of Karse, and I have stumbled across a gap in the Heortland king/governor list under Belintar. There is a Zerhrestol whose reign ends in 1593 and Orngerin whose reign starts in 1603. I don't believe that there was a vacuum in this position for 10 years. Heortland is comparably stable, while the principality of Sartar goes through its death throes. I believe that there is a Tournament of the Masters of Luck and Death during this time, but that hasn't interfered much with earlier governorships, so what is the deal?

Looking at my old discussions with Greg on this, from 1592 to 1603 there was no governor appointed by Belintar for Heortland during this time. The deputies continued performing their tasks but looked to the City of Wonders instead of Durengard. There is widespread and growing over this, but despite all the entreaties Belintar does not appoint a replacement. After Sartar falls, Orngerin is appointed governor with great pomp,ceremony, and rejoicing. Peace and justice returned to Heortland, arts and scholarship had a rebirth, and a new golden age seemed imminent.

Jeff