Re: Aria: Canticle of the Monomyth

From: orlanthumathi <anti.spam_at_Wh1SR8jw7MOGxjhC3EgUDZXkIS0b_G_ZwZMd9ku9k4U6xmfE9WuCiDBezuWbm96FRd>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 20:38:12 -0000

I bought this back when it was released and I liked the ideas in the book and the overall concept was OK, but please let me have that time back! If they could use 50 words instead of 10 they would.

The worst thing is it's use of unintuitive words as names for key concepts. So the further you get through the book the more it feels like your wading in jargon. Whoever gave them a thesaurus should be shot.

Overall is it worth chasing? Not in my opinion. Some nice art, some nice ideas, some nice world building examples, but poorly executed to the point of making it unusable for it's main task.