Re: Hello! Newbie here with a question

From: donald_at_Zi2iVxxeQLTY-kl7OZwvrmnYNo9uuAK4IfFtOXIBROdgBzubzx-UCXcTjAlbiSbq5BWW-
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 00:41:45 +0100

> First off, a brief run down on me. I'm new to the group here but I've been playing RQ for almost 20 years now
> (on and off). Recently starting again with a new, less experienced GM, and we are running into a few things
> that we don't really know the answers to. We have made our way from Dragon pass to Prax/Pavis.
>
> Does Pavis allow for more exotic shopping as I assume it would? Magic items, food, potions,sorcery items ect.

It's probably on a par with somewhere like Boldhome in Dragon Pass. However things which are exotic or unknown in Dragon Pass will be commonplace in Pavis and visa versa.

> If so, how does one determine which items are available for purchase at any given time?

Anything unusual is up to the GM. There might happen to be a merchant with just about anything in Pavis but it isn't somewhere where exotic items are routinely available. If it's made by nomads, Sun County, Sartarite exiles or Lunar immigrants then there should be no difficulty. Anything else it's a case of who brought it there and why?

> What is the best material for players to read regarding the items available in Pavis?

The Pavis and Big Rubble Boxed sets for RQII have been reprinted in book form and have quite a few indications although not a specific list. Mongoose did a book for 2nd age Pavis which may well be more detailed.

--
Donald Oddy