Re: Initiate in exile....what fills their 30% obligation time?

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_pkscXHNso0hj3_O2FQtFmYSbnBr0a4k4sCKWLawkyqER2wNLb7MkXotIOVn8Y3>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:23:14 -0700

Usually when people travel from their tribe for extended periods, they do so with enough numbers to form their own ring and make the group of travelers their temporary community.

This is another factor in why exile is so difficult. In fact, it seems unlikely that a community would send someone away from their clan without others to band with. Or send them to some other specific group that can take them in. Otherwise they are, for all purposes, inflicting exile on them. And exile is the only punishment on par with death.

--Todd