Re: Initiate in exile....what fills their 30% obligation time?

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_Vs1jT9bJG3th3nQwo8MGDiaSxzEw2JY2Ecu85HJptb9kFQPcjb0jUZwMkOtM>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:31:56 +0100 (BST)

Hmmm, maybe I was sloppy with wording.... he's fallen into the (I think not that uncommon) 'become too badly wanted by the lunars for the clan to tolerate, so he's been officially kicked out and told to stay away for a couple of years or until things cool down.'

But yes, either way, can't take part in the clan or tribal ceremonies.

I would have thought that an "Exile of convenience" would not involve expulsion from the clan or removal of magic. As a god-talker he would be able to maintain his communication with his god.

>From TR p163 "They have a natural closeness to the immortals, and know how to
maintain the sacred lifestyle. What they know they have learned from the community or, more often, from their god."

Non god-talkers would, in my opinion, have a harder time of it, but I guess would try their best to worship at any temple or shrine that they find. My feeling is that in a magical world like Glorantha there must be numerous local shrines to various deities. I'm sure that an enterprising adventurer would be able to locate a place to maintain his connection to his god.