Re: Pavis is Coming Soon!

From: Jeff <richaje_at_Dhu47AJFdOeD8Cgow4Zu71-5PaXlH6fkFQGaAIu4jt-PtXGkiNoAQVZq7kxwJ7ge0vbT>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:31:29 -0000

> Is the image from the 2nd Age EWF period, unless that is new Pavis.

The cover is by our awesome Jan Pospíšil. The ceremony is the Lunar Naming Ritual, where Sor-Eel (as the Emperor's delegate) magically enhances his authority over all he can see. Bowing before Sor-Eel is the High Priest of Pavis. Behind him is the Red Goddess priestess, Tala Errio.

BTW, the picture pertains to events in one of the scenarios.

> What is the feel of Pavis and Prax. I picture Prax as the African savannah,
> grass and acacia trees up to 5-6m. ie
> <http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/savanna.htm>
> http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/savanna.htm

Prax encompasses quite a few biomes. FWIW, I don't really rely much on the African savannah for my images of Prax. My personal sources of inspiration are the Columbia Plateau and the Great Basin meshed with bits of eastern Iran and west Afghanistan thrown in for good measure. Plus a giant mile-high square block of crystalized adamant. And smatterings of North American megafauna (bison, alticamelus, the North American lion, etc) along with African fauna (Sable antelopes, rhinoceros, impala, etc).

> Does/did New Pavis get built with sewers? Pavis did, draining into the Zola
> Fel surely, or are Mostali a little more ablutionaryily advanced.

Yes. The dwarf-built Great Drain drains New Pavis.

Jeff