Re: Bagogi HeroQuest

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_9Q9_eRLMjoERMMWFwQgKG-B_WOYIRL08IwlLu98Z6gVATf1zglg4Pcqa9fyuxyp_-J84mkhd>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 03:38:19 +0100

Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_q35-dEmnC3YMOdQSZZLJSucGwMZYLBy43qsGU5P4pXBNHxZEhfzISyc2KW3Qn1SqoxOd_SY.yahoo.invalid> writes:

>For some reason entirely out of my control ;-) I need to think about a
>HeroQuest for a Bagogi Hero.

Well, at some point on the quest the Bagogi will definitely have to ask a frog to carry him over a river, but to complete the stage successfully he must attack and kill the frog while only halfway across...*g* He then 'drowns'/passes onto the next stage of the quest, and will have to be reborn somehow before completing it. Given Bagog's myths, the rebirth will probably involve being eaten (by something in the river, perhaps? Or sinking down in the river takes him into the Underworld?) then hatched out again.

In line with the original fable, this stage of the quest should provide the hero with insight into his true nature - as a betrayer and a killer. Even so, revelation of your true, invariable inner identity sounds like a problematic thing for a creature of Chaos to obtain! Does it give him greater control over his powers? Better insight into Chaos, or better *resistance* to Chaos? Drive him mad? All of the above?

As for this being a "good" act - well, ask any Humakti and he'll tell you that sometimes killing is heroic and virtuous. (Though he'd be less keen on the 'betrayal' part...) It all depends on whom you kill.

Stephen