Re: Gloranthan ?! Linguistics

From: hcarteau_at_L1P4pPrirXDdoZpfi5FW0o92cQBg6ejIlR_vmFxnpHXHvmlq1V_sGV-mhY0j39xjcg5
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:26:08 +0200 (CEST)

Oh yes, good point. Not to mention chinese adventure movies dubbed in French (feels weird) or listening to Louis de Funès dubbed in german. Or one american guest in our home, back when I was in high school, laughing his heart off when watching a John Wayne western movie dubbed in French.

Hervé

Some Brits will laugh and mock a TV programme or movie where the romans speak with American accents. But, is it any more realistic for them to speak with English accents? Do Americans find romans with American accents odd, or does the accent just slip by as "normal"?

Phil.