Ducks o' Death or Ducks and the Death Rune

From: armymediccampbell <ewancummins_at_VEOfWXMzzab28JlFf-ORp-WZx7DIw0FrhGrLs7YpcxcUrcxJKgj-AUMhdUKHAjoI>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 21:22:33 -0000

In RQ2,Ducks are said to have an affinity for cults associated with the death rune. I believe that they are given a CHA penalty for the roll to join other cults, in fact.

I am given to understand that several incarnations of Glorantha frequently portray ducks as worshippers of Humakt.

What about other gods/cults asscoiated with the death rune? What about Odayla, the hunters' god? He seems like a good fit for the ducks of Sartar and adjacent regions, being of the Storm/Orlanthi pantheon.

Does anybody have a theory as to the connection between ducks and the death rune/gods associated with death?