Re: Pregnancy in Glorantha

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_dBAtbtjMiP6A2UlqctMknuvj7cHZD40mwlR-F4OLKKx2fYswpQfrGQn0hUmTR6dPBJz9>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 16:04:28 +0200

> Sorry, didn't realise there had already been a discussion on the issue of pregnancy. However, I still have questions not previously answered. How long is the menstrual cycle? At what point in time would the woman know she is with child? She is Ernaldan, can she maybe feel the new life differently? Does anything special happen during childbirth biologically and cultural? Do the runes show immediately or only upon initiation into the clan?

concerning time
I do remember for things like this Greg simply said, what takes a part of an Earth year takes same part of a Gloranthan year. (My words, but this meaning) So every thing you calculate by multiplying by 294/365. I think the idea is to keep nature's ideas intact and simply convert them from Earth to Glorantha, like: Animals that become pregnant before winter, so the "hard" time fall into the time of plenty food, or the young have some time to put on weight before winter, and such.

For your other question, there a some people her who know better than me.

Pomeroi