Re: RQ VS HQ was: Re: Resurrection?

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_RiCaIvQj8MyTcQMHOyM3OxtgPCmJuvSW8jzK5KTOn7e5jSvdv6xQD_IdVbFyftWhQCN>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:42:50 -0500

Hi Zack,

The second edition of Mongoose rules is one of the best, if not the best version of RQ in my opinion. The Blood of Orlanth and Dara Happa Rises campaigns are both very cool. Unfortunately they're both written for the first edition of Mongoose's RQ though there was a free second edition update available for a while.

As far as I know these are the editions of RQ that were actually published.

RQ 1 and 2 by Chaosium
RQ 3 by Avalon Hill
MRQ 1 and 2 by Mongoose.

There were unpublished editions as well but these are the ones that actually saw print. I'd say they would be all more or less compatible with some (or a lot) of work.

Oliver