Interactions twixt Lunars and Orlanthi

From: Robert Thornton <oblate777_at_VVZcqKuM2N8lVXij0X8kK_OBPY5MhO3FJ3HrMxh1HjZMlir2gs1PY13XKPswngyi00>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 18:03:50 -0400

Hi there,

Herve's casual mention of Lunars meeting Orlanthi made me think about how GMs can add complexity and depth to such meetings, especially on the Orlanthi side.

Here's some Orlanthi-oriented ideas off the top of my head:

--The Good Samaritan Lunar who rescues the party from a sticky situation without claiming a debt of any kind
--A former Orlanthi and Seven Mothers convert who is actually better off being a Lunar and can explain why
--The "next door neighbor" Lunar settler who becomes close to the clan after sharing the hardships of the land (if you ever heard Dusty Springfield's version of "Willie And Laura Mae Jones," that's what I'm talking about)
--A former Humakt warrior who has embraced Yanafil Tarnils and has become a happier less-haunted person because of it.

Also, I guess education could be an issue amongst the clans. Since Lhankor Mhy priests tend to keep literacy to themselves, any Orlanthi who was interested in such things might find the Lunar Empire a very attractive proposition. Some Orlanthi do-gooders might think that the Lunar Empire would stop the incessant clan warfare and provide peace for once.

Just a few ideas....