Gloranthan undead for newbies

From: hcarteau_at_uH1Vtwbmf9IQdrvSbrEtSuBN4h0CmDSRpT3gSlpvngeCInOJF7MD4nsZyaHVmuGGVEn
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 00:04:39 +0200 (CEST)

Jeff, one of our main authors, writes something very important. He and others deliberately mislead readers by using different words with the same meaning, one word with different meanings (my favorite) or other techniques. It's part of the world's flavor - there is no DMG with Absolute Truths. There are only subjective, cultural truths.

Thus many westerners would call a heathen shaman a "sorcerer", the same word sartarites would use to describe western magic-users ! When they don't use the word "meldek", sartarite for sorcerer.

For me, figuring out the exact meaning of a partial, subjective account on some Glorantha subject is one of life's little pleasures !

De: Jeff <richaje_at_jgtqgPiavq7It8u1EbsRItTdL1pT6x7gVKmxzdFEIr8R-Kf6u3Ub1a1Coc7fjDN5vpJH40vAUC4_.yahoo.invalid>

 In published materials - especially Stafford Library and Moon Design products - there is no neat categorization of the Unliving as in Runequest or D&D. The terms "Unlife", "Undead", "vampire", "lich", "wight", "ghoul", "walking dead", "nontrayani", "zombie", are all used interchangeably (deliberately in some more recent publications).