Re: Alynxes in Umathela?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_jE5Q9BN03D6xd6bb_5CRfgpCR1J4XpU0FjKXRxD7ilpr74squZCVAXlNGCDnAZr396Ko>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 06:53:49 -0000

> > I'm not sure how much herding Umathelans do. Are milk antelopes the herd animal of choice?
>
> IMG, native pigs are the most important. And sheep.

You don't really herd pigs. :D

But I agree the Umathelans herd sheep, although cows are also known.

> It's entirely possible cows were imported, though they weren't present in the forests when I ran Umathela.

Woodland grazing used to be surprisingly common. In coniferous forests (such as Enkloso) it can be done in a manner that is actually compatible with good forest management (even reduces the chance of fire). In decidious forests, it tends to be more destructive.

So my suspicion is that the Kormorkan tribe didn't raise cattle because they were forbidden to by the Vralos Forest Council back when they were under the Woodland Judgement. However, the coastal city folk likely do raise cattles. Further west, the Enkloso Woodland Council decreed how cattle are to be grazed in the pine forests.

One thing worth ponder - for many tribes, agricultural techniques in Umathela are determined by the Woodland Judgement.

Jeff