Re: Music is the Weapon

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_THsO9napjOUKRUeyCOtjnQ85uL5VxyKpPJZv_OeO1D0vmoYRlqVORwctElyekG>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 23:46:05 -0000

> In my opinion, he slowly discovers the rulership by slavery encountering local spirits that remember Oabil, and lets that influence his concept of rulership, discovering a different aspect of Om-Pamalt or whatever the people he came from called their ruling spirit/deity.

This would be the theme of the campaign. Various encounters, learning something new at each one which reveal aspects of Om-Pamalt. Oabil is suggested as the origin or Ompalam and Gark somewhere, but if Ompalam sounds like a copy of Pamalt, but made on Bandaku, far away from Um:

"But on Bandaku, they lived a life of defilement and took the lost spirits the wrong way, or not at all, or sacrificed to them, and then sent the fetid results southward."

So Ompalam/Umpamalt is, from a normal Doraddi POV, something like misapplied theistic worship of Pamalt, or a misconceived Bad Mountain copy of Pamalt.