Re: My Second-Age Umathelan Game - Adventure Ideas?

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_7TBziVglRN2UHqAV_EMwidj1xaQMD746rS1lk1-O8qudz42AYV0DufOoiAvO>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:17:29 +0100 (BST)

  1. What can anyone tell us about the undead cults of Peloria and Ralios?

  2. Is "Vivamort" therefore a Godlearner construct, (mis-?)describing a universal god of Undeath?

  3. If Nontraya is an 'undead deity',  is Nontraya's cult like the theistic Vivamort cult described in Cults of Terror or is it a sorcerous cult, more like the later write-ups of Vivamort in e.g. Lords of Terror?

  4. In the Second Age wasn't there a sorcerous cult (the name of which escapes me), which successfully replicated much of the magic of Gark for its own ends, which is written up (briefly) in one of the MRQ Cults books?

    Maybe with a bit of YGWV this cult would have the potential to be the 'main villain' in this campaign? Indeed maybe it was only the actions of your campaign's player-characters in the Second Age which prevented this cult from becoming a Big Bad?

  5. Can one infer from Peter's comments on Nontraya that, canonically, Pamaltela has no native vampires? (Unless perhaps they have travelled/been imported from Genertela)

  6. Can one infer from Peter's comments that Delecti and his vampiric acolytes  (The Daughters/Dancers of Darkness?) are untainted by Chaos?

    On an almost unconnected note, have Spolite heresies ever involved the creation of undead? In my Glorantha I have wondered about a Spolite heresy serving as a basis for vampirism within the Lunar Empire, and possibly even as a supply of (occasional) vampires into the service of that Empire? (It wouldn't take that much to imagine that the Taloned Countess was one, for example)

    Though IMG the Legion of the Undying Moon was the secretive but official organisation for vampires in the Empire. It was an obscure sub-cult of Danfive Xaron (using the unofficial write-up in Tales of the Reaching Moon as a base), made up of vampires who were converted to the Lunar way and fanatical Danfive Xaron cultists (often Black Army/Black Watch veterans), who had prolonged their 'lives' in the service of cult and Empire by choosing undeath. But then most of my players also liked Vampire the Masquerade a lot ...

    Richard Hayes